NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2016 Million Dollar Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (the “Territory”) who are 13 years of age or older and located in the Territory at the time of entry. Bauer Magazine L.P. (“Sponsor”), SweepstakesPros (“Promotion Administrator”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, retailers, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, entrants (and their parents or legal guardians if entrants are deemed minors in the jurisdictions in which they reside) agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the independent Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion. If an entrant is a minor, s/he must have the consent of a parent or legal guardian to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor or Administrator may require proof of consent at any time and in any manner they deem appropriate.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter:
a. Online Entry: During the Promotion Period, visit to any of the following URLs (each a “URL”):
and click on the link to locate the official entry form. Follow the on-screen directions, complete all required registration fields and submit to enter to receive one (1) entry in the Promotion (an “Online Entry”). Entrants must complete all required information. LIMIT ONE (1) ONLINE ENTRY PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS FROM EACH OF THE URLs LISTED ABOVE PER DAY.
b. Bonus Entry. From time to time during the Promotion Period, Sponsor will communicate via an ad, email, website post, social media post, in a participating publication or via other methods an opportunity to obtain additional entries in the Promotion (each a “Bonus Offer”). During the Promotion Period additional entries (“Bonus Entries”) may be obtained by clicking on or following the instructions contained in a Bonus Offer. Each Bonus Offer will provide the number of Bonus Entries in the Promotion specified in the Bonus Offer (up to a maximum of 10 Bonus Entries per Bonus Offer in the Promotion). Each Bonus Offer will be available for a limited time as specified. YOU MAY ENTER EACH BONUS OFFER ONLY ONE (1) TIME.
MAIL-IN ENTRIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR THIS PROMOTION. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. Entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules will be void and will not be entered into the Promotion’s prize drawing. Entries made by any other manner not specifically allowed under these Official Rules will not be entered into the Promotion and may result in disqualification of the responsible entrant. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification from the Sponsor or the Promotion Administrator. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the person in whose name entry was made.
4. Grand Prize Drawing and Odds: On or about May 22, 2017, the Promotion Administrator will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the entire Promotion Period from all URLs. One entrant (the “Finalist”) will be selected. Odds of being selected as the Finalist will depend on the number of entries received. Finalist will then be entered into a Grand Prize event drawing, where Finalist will have a 1:250 chance of winning the Grand Prize. The process for random selection for the grand prize event drawing shall be determined solely by the Administrator. Further, the final date and location of the Grand Prize event drawing are subject to Sponsor’s discretion. If Finalist does not win the Grand Prize, it will not be awarded, and Finalist Guaranteed Prize will be awarded.
5. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: One (1) Grand Prize: One million dollars ($1,000,000) to be paid as an annuity of $25,000 per year, for forty (40) years, without interest (ARV based on present value: $565,280). Grand Prize will be awarded, only if the Finalist wins the Grand Prize Event Drawing, as described above. If Finalist does not win the Grand Prize, Finalist will instead receive the Finalist Guaranteed Prize of $5,000.
Total ARV of all prizes, based on present value, is up to $565,280. Winner may be required to provide a photo for use by Sponsor. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize(s), are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Arrangements for delivery of prize(s) will be made after winner validation. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries received. Odds of the Finalist winner receiving the million dollar prize is 1:250. By accepting the annuity, the Grand Prize winner agrees to release the Promotion Parties from all liability and responsibility for payments of the prize and acknowledges that such liability and responsibility shall rest only with the annuity company from which the annuity is purchased for the winner. Prizes will be awarded only to an address within the Territory provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules
6. Notification & Validation of Winners: Potential winners (and/or his/her parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be contacted by telephone, email, regular mail or overnight mail, and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, tax forms, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time. The return of any notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any required documents or information in a timely manner or a determination that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined solely by the Promotion Administrator, may result in disqualification of the winner and forfeiture of the corresponding prize, and the choosing of an alternate winner in a random drawing from among the remaining eligible entries.
7. Limitations: Promotion Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or Promotion Administrator for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; (vi) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules (all such entries will be disqualified); (vii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Promotion, in the administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; (ix) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion or (x) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified.
8. Modification, Suspension and Termination: If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, social media mandate, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Promotion Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Promotion, or if this Promotion is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Promotion Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the stated end date of the Promotion Period, the Promotion Administrator may select the winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination.
9. Disqualification: Promotion Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process, who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner, or who attempts to enter using any automatic or programmed entry method, or any entry service. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Releases: By participating in this Promotion, entrants (or their parents/legal guardians if entrants are minors) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Promotion Parties from and against any liability, loss, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, injury, death or damages arising out of participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion; and © to waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees, court costs, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO APPLICABLE PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes each entrant’s (or his/her parent’s/legal guardian’s if entrant is a minor) permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use entrants’ names, photos, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation or notice.
13. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: This Promotion is offered only in the Territory and is governed by the laws of the State of New York. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York located in the county of New York for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
14. Severability & Conflicts: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor or Promotion Administrator, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
15. Winners’ List: To view the winners’ list for this Promotion, please visit the Winners’ Circle at the Websites. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
16. Sponsor: Bauer Magazine L.P., Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey 07632. Mail-in entries are not accepted for this promotion or at this address.
17. Promotion Administrator: The Promotion is administered and judged by SweepstakesPros, P.O. Box 18404, San Jose, CA 95158. MAIL-IN ENTRIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED FOR THIS PROMOTION OR AT THIS ADDRESS. All comments, questions and complaints regarding this Promotion must be directed to the Promotion Administrator only.
To enter online, visit any of the following URLs: